Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Time-Out!


You know how people tell you that you need to take time to stop and smell the flowers? Well, in my case, I really need to take time to stop and look at the moon. I know that sounds weird, but the moon has to be one of the most powerful cues/reminders of one of my characters. In fact, whenever I see a full moon--and have gawked at it until I have had my fill--I want to rush inside and visit with my cast of characters from BY THE PALE MOONLIGHT. With one character in particular--Ty.

Oh how I miss my little werewolf when the moon is full. Sigh.

Life has been nuts as of late. I mean, really nuts. You'd think that without my second job things would've slowed down. No, not really. In fact, the more I think of how I managed to survive all of my 70-80 hour work weeks, frankly, I'm stunned. I was a madwoman, apparently, and I think my body and psyche are still making up for what amounts to two years of pure exhaustion. I have no idea what I was running on all of that time, but apparently I've tapped that well and now I just need rest. And fun. And just good ole' vegging out time.

That said, I've spent very little time writing. It's one of the last things I want to do. I have been making my way through FI, very slowly, and trying to recapture the energy of the book. It's coming...though at a snail's pace, and I'm still scared as all heck to jump back into actually producing words. I'm not really sure why that is, but the longer I go, the worse it seems to get.

The thing is, though... I miss my characters. I MISS my stories. I'm not really sure when this little dry spell/phase is going to end, but the good thing is that I know my stories are there, waiting. Impatiently, I might add. My little run in with a full moon last night just goes to prove it. Ty--excuse the pun--is barking like mad for my attention. And honestly, you don't want to know what Maddy is saying in my head. She's not at all happy about being ignored. :)

Anyway -- I know I've been very scarce, and it all ties into just needing Jen time at this point. But I do hope to be around more. I know my lack of being in the blogging world, etc. is directly connected to my low energy--i.e. pure fear of writing--so I know eventually I'll get my butt into gear and you'll see more of me.

Hope everything is going well for everyone. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, it might be the full moon or it might be sleep patterns... I say this because I took the day off work today and slept in a whole extra hour (oh my!) and had a long convoluted dream that was basically a YA romance. I woke up and spent about two hours writing out the whole thing, all about a summer vacation, and Alice and George with the broken leg, and a bunch of exotic birds, set in 1913.
    By which I mean, maybe if you change your sleep patterns you'll get new ideas that'll give you energy and you can use that energy on Ty and the others since, you know, I miss them too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ALL miss them, Jen!

    I hope you get that Jen-time, and find time to get back to your writing, real soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete